with Amy Anthony
Plants are more than just pretty; many have unique uses and fragrances. Tonight on the show, landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing welcome NYC Aromatica’s Amy Anthony to the Down the Garden Path podcast. Amy discusses growing aromatic plants and essential oils and how you can make them a dynamic part of your garden and landscape.
About Amy Anthony
Amy is a certified clinical aromatherapist and aromatic gardener who left her career in marketing research to pursue what is closest to her heart: working with plants. As a certified aromatherapist, aromatherapy educator, herbalist, gardener, certified master composter and artisanal distiller, Amy is one of NYC’s top aromatherapy practitioners.
Host of the Essential Aromatica podcast, Amy also tends her own aromatic garden on the North Fork of Long Island where she distills her unique products.
Listed as one of America’s most influential aromatherapists, Amy Anthony is currently the New York State representative for the Alliance of International Aromatherapists. Her private practice, NYC Aromatica, includes one-on-one customized aromatherapy sessions, online class offerings, corporate consulting and article writing.
Tune in to hear Joanne and Matt speak with Amy Anthony about aromatherapy gardening.
Here are some of the questions and topics covered in this episode:
- What defines a plant as being aromatic?
- What are some of the best aromatic plants?
- What are some situations we’d employ aromatic plants in the garden?
- How do we best design with these plants in the garden?
- If our listeners are looking to start gardening with aromatic plants, what would be your top three low-maintenance plant recommendations?
- With winter coming, what can we do to bring the benefits of aromatic plants from the garden indoors?
- What are essential oils and where do we get them from?
- How are essential oils produced?
- Can we make essential oils at home from plants in our own gardens?
- How do we get the most from using essential oils?
Where to find Amy:
- Website: www.nycaromatica.com
- Podcast: www.nycaromatica.com/podcast/
- LinkedIn: @amy-n-anthony
- Instagram: @nycaromatica
- Facebook: @nycaromatica
Down the Garden Path Podcast
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade. A horticulturist and landscape designer, Matthew Dressing owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, they do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and useful topics to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
In their new book, Down the Garden Path: A Step-By-Step Guide to Your Ontario Garden, Joanne and Matthew distill their horticultural and design expertise and their combined experiences in helping others create and maintain thriving gardens into one easy-to-read monthly reference guide. It’s now available on Amazon.
Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!