This month on Down the Garden Path, we look at how to extend your gardening season. We’ll discuss everything from fall annuals to fall bulbs, lifting your summer bulbs, and bringing in your tropical plants. We’ll answer your questions on fall lawn care, as well as provide tips and tricks on getting the most out of the fall season. In this week’s episode, we take a look at fall annuals.
Tune into this week’s podcast to learn more about how to extend your gardening season with fall annuals.
Some topics we cover in this week’s podcast:
- Are my summer annuals still okay?
- Ways to revitalize your summer urns with some fall upgrades
- Perennials in your urns
- Do I need to feed my fall annuals?
- Fall annuals to consider: Mums, Asters, Purple Fountain Grass, Ornamental Peppers, Dusty Miller, Creeping Jenny, Ivy, Ornamental Cabbage and Kale
- Other fall perennial and shrub offerings your garden centers may have to offer, such as burning bush, deciduous holly, etc.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks for our tips on lifting your tropical bulbs and bringing in your houseplants.
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade.
And Matthew Dressing is a horticulturist and landscape designer. He owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, Joanne and Matthew do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics. Their goal is to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!