This month on Down the Garden Path, we’re exploring “Gardening Beyond the Basics.” In this episode, we conclude our month-long discussion on how to take your gardening to the next level with a look at what you should be doing after your garden is planted.
Tune into this week’s podcast as we discuss what you should be doing this month.
- Now is the time to bring your houseplants outside and slowly integrate them into your outdoor landscape (hint: very slowly).
- Joanne and Matthew remind listeners to fertilize indoor flowering plants with high middle-number fertilizer.
- The importance of watering your vegetable gardens often and deeply.
- Temperatures are ideal to apply grass seed to your lawn.
- Now is a good time to do your spring application of nematodes to treat for grubs.
Join us in June for our “Perennial” themed podcasts.
- 1st: Intro to Perennials
- 8th: Peonies
- 15th: Groundcovers as Mulch
- 22nd: Ornamental Grasses
- 29th: Unique Pollinator Plants/Attracting Beneficials
Each week on Down The Garden Path, professional landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing discuss down-to-earth tips and advice for your plants, gardens and landscapes. We do our best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Remember to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe.