This month on Down the Garden Path, landscape designers Matthew Dressing and Joanne Shaw take a deep dive into some of the most popular shrubs which grace the nursery benches and our gardens. In this episode, they begin their discussion with a two-part series on hydrangeas.
Tune in for the first in a two-part series on hydrangeas.
In Hydrangeas: Part 1 – Annabelle & Oakleaf, Joanne and Matt discuss:
- Growing conditions: soil, temperature, zones, lighting and watering
- Blooming: type, when and for how long, colours
- Cultivars of note for each plant
- Annabelle or Hydrangea arborescens cultivars
- Hydrangea arborescens Incrediball
- Hydrangea arborescens Invincibelle Spirit
- Hydrangea arborescens Invincibelle Limetta
- Oakleaf Hydrangea or Hydrangea quercifolia cultivars
- Hydrangea quercifolia Alice
- Hydrangea quercifolia Pee Wee
- Hydrangea quercifolia Ruby Slippers
Enjoy last year’s Down the Garden Path podcast episodes on shrubs:
August: A month dedicated to flowering trees, including standard trees, flowering dogwoods and large flowering trees.
About Your Hosts
Each week on Down The Garden Path podcast, professional landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing discuss down-to-earth tips and advice for your plants, gardens and landscapes.
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade.
And Matthew Dressing is a horticulturist and landscape designer. He owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, Joanne and Matthew do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and helpful topics. Their goal is to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!