Despite a brief respite of steamy weather in southern Ontario, fall truly is upon us. With gardening chores changing so much from month to month, staying on top of your outdoor to-do list can be a challenge. In this week’s episode of Down the Garden Path, Joanne and Matthew discuss October in the Garden with down-to-earth tips and advice for your plants, gardens and landscapes.
Each month in our “In the Garden” podcast, professional landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing attempt to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible. In this episode of Down the Garden Path, we share tips and to-dos for your October garden, answer listener questions and share with you what’s happening in the garden centre and in our own gardens.
Some of the topics we cover this month:
- the importance of watering weekly, especially newly planted evergreens
- stars in your fall garden
- how to plant bulbs
- what to do with your annuals and perennials
- how to clean and care for your lawn and fruit/vegetable garden
- general home and garden maintenance that will make for less work in the spring
If you have a garden and want to make it as low maintenance as possible, then this podcast is for you. As landscape designers and gardeners themselves, Joanne and Matthew think it is important and possible to have great gardens that are low maintenance and they want to help you make it happen.