with Stephanie Rose
Authors’ month is in full swing on the Down the Garden Path podcast! This week, Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing welcome returning guest and garden author Stephanie Rose to discuss her latest books, Big Book of Botanical Crafts and The Regenerative Garden.
About Stephanie Rose
Stephanie Rose is the founder and creator of the popular website and blog, Garden Therapy. Based in Vancouver, she is an award-winning author, artist, and master gardener. She has written a number of books, including The Regenerative Garden and Garden Made. Her latest book, Big Book of Botanical Crafts, will be available shortly.
Tune in to hear Joanne and Matt speak with author Stephanie Rose about regenerative gardening.
Here are some of the questions and topics covered in this episode:
The Regenerative Garden:
- What is regenerative gardening?
- What is the goal of permaculture?
- What is a functioning ecosystem?
- Where can we employ permaculture techniques in the garden?
- Do you need a large space?
- What are the six elements of a living garden you discuss in your book?
- What are some of the activities in the book you recommend our listeners try as an introduction to permaculture?
- Stephanie discussed using ollas for sustainable watering and has instructions on how to make your own.
Big Book of Botanical Crafts
- Big Book of Botanical Crafts will be released this November 22nd.
- It has 30 recipes to create all sorts of wonderful natural products.
- The book is divided into three sections: Beauty/Candles/Cleaners. Learn how to use items from your own garden to create products in these categories.
- Facebook: @gardentherapy
- Instagram: @garden_therapy
- Twitter: @garden_therapy
- YouTube: Garden Therapy
- Pinterest: @garden_therapy
- TikTok: @gardentherapyofficial
Down the Garden Path Podcast
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade. A horticulturist and landscape designer, Matthew Dressing owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, they do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and useful topics to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
In their new book, Down the Garden Path: A Step-By-Step Guide to Your Ontario Garden, Joanne and Matthew distill their horticultural and design expertise and their combined experiences in helping others create and maintain thriving gardens into one easy-to-read monthly reference guide. It’s now available on Amazon.
Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!