In this episode of Down the Garden Path, Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing provide some tips and tricks and do’s and don’ts for your September garden.
Tune in to hear Joanne and Matt discuss what you should (and shouldn’t) be doing in the garden in September.
Here are some of the topics covered in this episode:
- Plan your fall bulb display. Buy now for the best selection.
- Continue deadheading your summer bulbs.
- Plant cool and cold-tolerant vegetables.
- What to look for at perennial plant sales.
- When to bring in your tropical plant material.
- Now is the time to apply nematodes and repair your lawn.
- How to treat your crabgrass.
- Caring for your deciduous and evergreen trees and shrubs.
- How to add fall interest to the landscape.
You can also email your questions and comments to email@example.com, or connect with Joanne and Matthew via their websites:
Joanne Shaw: down2earth.ca
Matthew Dressing: naturalaffinity.ca
Resources mentioned during the show
Down the Garden Path Podcast
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade. A horticulturist and landscape designer, Matthew Dressing owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, they do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and useful topics to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
In their book, Down the Garden Path: A Step-By-Step Guide to Your Ontario Garden, Joanne and Matthew distill their horticultural and design expertise and their combined experiences in helping others create and maintain thriving gardens into one easy-to-read monthly reference guide. It’s now available on Amazon.