with Aaron Deacon
This week, landscape designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing welcome Aaron Deacon from BIOS Nutrients to the Down the Garden Path podcast to talk about how feeding your indoor plants naturally improves their soil health.
About Aaron Deacon
Aaron first learned about the environmental damage caused by synthetic fertilizers and pesticides during college and set out after graduation to begin growing for himself. He received a license from Health Canada to grow medicinal cannabis and decided to go completely organic. He was discouraged by the results from products that were available on the market and began studying soil to learn how plants grow naturally. After discovering biology within soil that feed on organic matter is what feeds plants, he began practicing fermentation to add biology and organic matter back to the soil and mimic mother nature. Through six years of research and testing, he now makes completely natural fertilizers and pesticides that heal soil and educates communities on how mother nature grows.
Tune in to hear Joanne and Matt speak with Aaron Deacon feeding indoor plants naturally by improving soil health.
Here are some of the questions and topics covered in this episode:
- How did you discover the biology within soil?
- Can you share with us how you came to the “ah ha!” moment that started it all? Why is this soil biology so important?
- Started looking for better soil nutrients while growing cannabis
- Noticed improved yield and better plant health when used on cannabis and realized it would be beneficial with all types of plants
- What are BIOS nutrients?
- How does BIOS work to improve soil and plant health?
- Is BIOS safe for humans and pets?
- How does it relate to human health?
- What can we use BIOS on?
- Is it just for indoor plants?
- If used outside, will the bacteria overwinter in colder regions?
- Can it be used with other natural soil improvement products?
- How do we apply BIOS?
- How often do we need to reapply it?
- Do we need to feed our plants traditionally after using BIOS?
- What other products does BIOS Nutrients offer?
- Yucca Extract and Probiotic
Get a free sample of BIOS
Visit www.biosnutrients.ca and sign up to get your free sample of BIOS. Enter coupon code DTGP15 in the order comments to let Aaron know where you heard about BIOS and use DTGP15 at checkout to receive 15% off all of your purchases.
Down the Garden Path Podcast
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade. A horticulturist and landscape designer, Matthew Dressing owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, they do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and useful topics to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
In their new book, Down the Garden Path: A Step-By-Step Guide to Your Ontario Garden, Joanne and Matthew distill their horticultural and design expertise and their combined experiences in helping others create and maintain thriving gardens into one easy-to-read monthly reference guide. It’s now available on Amazon.
Don’t forget to check out Down the Garden Path on your favourite podcast app and subscribe!