After nine seasons and over 340 episodes, Down the Garden Path Podcast is ending its live broadcast on Reality Radio 101. In this episode, Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing look back at Down the Garden Path through the years and recount some of their favourite episodes, topics, guests, and moments since the show first aired on Monday, November 17th, 2014.
What are Joanne and Matthew’s future plans for Down the Garden Path Podcast? Tune in to find out!
Here are some of the questions and topics covered in this episode:
- How did Down the Garden Path start nine years ago?
- Where can listeners tune into past radio show episodes?
- Why did Joanne and Matt enter the world of podcasting?
- Why did they decide to leave internet radio?
- What’s next for Down the Garden Path Podcast?
- What are some of Joanne’s favourite topics?
- What are some of Matt’s favourite topics?
- Author’s month – great books on several great topics.
- Who are some of Joanne’s favourite guests?
- Who are some of Matt’s favourite guests?
- What are some of Joanne’s favourite episodes?
- Plant-specific shows where they do deep dives
- Month-in-the-garden episodes
- What are some of Matt’s favourite episodes?
- Other favourites included:
- Where can listeners tune into Down the Garden Path Podcast after the last episode airs on June 26th, 2023?
- Can listeners still send in gardening questions? Yes! Let’s continue the discussion on Facebook!
Resources mentioned during the show
Down the Garden Path Podcast
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for over a decade. A horticulturist and landscape designer, Matthew Dressing owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA. Together, they do their best to bring you interesting, relevant and useful topics to help you keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.
In their new book, Down the Garden Path: A Step-By-Step Guide to Your Ontario Garden, Joanne and Matthew distill their horticultural and design expertise and their combined experiences in helping others create and maintain thriving gardens into one easy-to-read monthly reference guide. It’s now available on Amazon.